What is our COVID-19 Protocol?
Ensuring your group’s safety on your trip is our top priority. We’ve taken the following steps to make sure you can enjoy your trip safely:
- We are COVID Clean Approved, meaning all the safety steps we have taken are in line with the New Zealand Government’s Covid-19 guidelines.
- All our staff are fully vaccinated.
- Our trip cancellation policy is flexible to account for any disruptions to your trip caused by Covid.
What international and domestic restrictions are currently in place?
We’ll be keeping this page regularly updated to keep you informed about the current Covid-19 restrictions affecting entry into New Zealand, and any domestic restrictions that could affect your travel or trip plans.
The current border restrictions, as stated on the New Zealand government website, are as follows:
The border opens to New Zealanders and other eligible travellers coming from anywhere in the world. You do not need to self-isolate when you arrive.
This means you can travel to New Zealand isolation-free if you:
- Meet health requirements, including being fully vaccinated and getting pre-departure tests.
- Are eligible to enter the border while it is restricted, including if you have a border exception.
You can find more information on the current border entry requirements here.
There may also be domestic travel restrictions when you travel. There is a traffic light system in place across New Zealand with different levels of public health measures in place depending on whether the traffic light setting is red, orange or green. You can see which traffic light setting is currently in place across different parts of New Zealand at any given time here.
Currently, the traffic light setting is red across New Zealand, which means the following restrictions are in place:
- You can travel anywhere in New Zealand for any reason, and see friends and whānau.
- You must wear a face mask on flights, public transport, and taxis, in retail shops and public venues, and in health and education facilities.
- With My Vaccine Pass, most parts of life continue as usual. You can visit cafes and bars, attend gatherings and events, and go to the hairdresser and gym. There are capacity limits and distancing requirements at some venues.
- Without My Vaccine Pass, there are restrictions.
- Workplaces and schools are open.
- Keep scanning QR codes and recordkeeping wherever you go.
- Keep physically distanced wherever possible.
- If you have cold, flu or COVID-19 symptoms, isolate immediately and call Healthline for advice.
If any restrictions affect your trip or a member of your travelling party tests positive for Covid, then let us know, and we’ll do our best to reschedule your tour.
Connect With Us